Safety Rules and Tips for All Riders
HELMETS are mandatory
- Ride in single file. Bicyclists are never allowed to impede traffic. There may be times where bicycles may travel two abreast when traffic is not impeded. It is a traffic violation to ride more than two abreast.
- The use of headphones and/or loud speakers is NOT permitted
- Follow the same traffic rules you would if you were driving a car.
- Be mindful of other cyclists.
- Do not follow to closely behind other bicycles
- Let other riders, and motorists, know what you are doing.
- Use hand signals when turning or when stopping.
- Check for any approaching vehicles before changing lanes
- Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable, exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction
For additional Safety information see:
|AAA’s Guide to a Safe Bike Ride|
|New Jersey Bicycle and Pedestrian Law|
ENJOY YOUR RIDE!!!
Read about past years Ramapo Rally events which were covered in the following press stories: