Directions to the Ramapo Rally at Campgaw Mountain
Campgaw Mountain is located in Bergen County, New Jersey, approximately 20 miles north of the George Washington Bridge. Campgaw is located close to routes 17, 202, 208, and 287. Campgaw Mountain is also easily accessible via public transportation.
Set your GPS Unit to: 200 Campgaw Road, Mahwah, NJ
Safety Rules and Tips for All Riders
HELMETS are mandatory!
- Ride in single file. Bicyclists are never allowed to impede traffic. There may be times where bicycles may travel 2 abreast when traffic is not impeded. It is a traffic violation to ride more than 2 abreast.
- The use of headphones and/or loud speakers is NOT permitted.
- Follow the same traffic rules you would if you were driving a car.
- Be mindful of other cyclists.
- Do not follow too closely behind other bicycles.
- Let other riders, and motorists, know what you are doing.
- Use hand signals when turning or when stopping.
- Check for any approaching vehicles before changing lanes.
- Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable, exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.
- All riders must comply with NJ traffic laws as they apply to bicycles.
- When passing through an intersection do not call out “CLEAR”. Though many cyclist do this, it is not safe. What may be CLEAR for you may not be CLEAR for the riders behind you. Every rider must make that determination themselves.
For additional Safety information, see:
|AAA’s Guide to a Safe Bike Ride|
|New Jersey Bicycle and Pedestrian Law|
|New Jersey Bicycling Manual|
|Bicycle Street Smarts|
|Biking For Kids|
ENJOY YOUR RIDE!!!
Ramapo Rally Press Releases
Read about past years Ramapo Rally events which were covered in the following press stories: