RIDESMART Rider Training Program – Instructors Wanted
Help BTCNJ strengthen a culture of safe, courteous and competent individual and group riding. Share your knowledge and experience. Get 10 rider leader points and a gift.
RIDESMART will teach riders, particularly those newer to cycling, essential individual and group bike handling skills, safety, basic bike maintenance and repair, and the fundamentals of nutrition, clothing, and bike fit for safe, competent, courteous and confident riding.
The New York Cycle Club is providing their proven SIG (“Special Interest Group”) training materials and curriculum, and two experienced NYCC SIG instructors will train you for BTCNJ’s program.
We are looking for individuals willing to be trained as instructors in the program and train the participants. To be an instructor, you must:
- Be an experienced rider able to ride at a B pace or higher.
- Attend an orientation breakfast with the NYCC instructors on the morning of Saturday, March 3 in Brooklyn (we will carpool). There will be an instructor training ride immediately following (rain date is March 4 in New Jersey).
- Participate in a 3-hour instructor training ride, on Sunday, March 11 in New Jersey.
- Participate in an instructor coordination session on Monday, March 5 at the Ridgewood Library, (7-9 PM).
- Attend and help lead the RIDESMART classroom sessions on March 13 and March 27 (7-9 PM) at the Ridgewood Library.
- Lead and provide instruction to program participants for at least three of the four training rides (Saturdays, April 7, 14, 21 and 28). If a Saturday ride is cancelled due to weather, the ride will be on Sunday.
- Participate in an evaluation session and graduation party to be conducted at the end of the pilot program. Evaluation session and graduation party: – TBD