RIDESMART Rider Training Program – Instructors Wanted
Help BTCNJ strengthen a culture of safe, courteous and competent individual and group riding. Share your knowledge and experience. Get 10 rider leader points and a gift.
BTCNJ’s RIDESMART rider training program starts up this spring. RIDESMART teaches riders, particularly those newer to cycling, essential individual and group bike handling skills, safety, simple bike maintenance and repair, and the fundamentals of nutrition, clothing, and bike fit for safe, competent, courteous and confident riding.
Consider joining our BTCNJ RIDESMART Instructors Team and passing your knowledge and experience to others. We are looking for experienced cyclists to join our staff of instructors. You’ll be contributing to the future of BTCNJ. We will provide you with orientation and training. To be an instructor, you need to:
- Attend and participate in a classroom session and two instructor training rides. The dates are shown below.
- Lead and provide instruction to pilot program participants for at least three of the four training rides. If a Saturday ride is cancelled due to inclement weather, the ride would be on Sunday.
- Be willing to learn the RIDESMART approach and curriculum and teach it to the BTCNJ participants in classroom sessions and on the rides.
- Be able to ride at a C* pace or higher.
- Instructor orientation and coordination session (classroom)
- Monday, April 6 – 2 hours in the evening, in Ridgewood
- Instructor rides with RideSmart program coordinators:
- Saturday, April 11, 2020- 3 hours
- Saturday, April 18 , 2020- 3 hours
- RideSmart program participant Classroom dates:
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020 – Ridgewood 7PM-9PM
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020 – Ridgewood 7PM-9PM
- RideSmart participant training rides (all start in Pequannock, NJ)
- Saturday, April 25, 2020 –Includes classification ride, 3-4 hrs
- Saturday, May 2, 2020 – 3-4 hrs
- Saturday, May 9, 2020 – 3-4 hrs
- Saturday, May 16, 2020 – 3-4 hrs