Supplemental Group Riding Guidelines
- BTCNJ understands everyone’s desire to ride with the club again.
- BTCNJ also acknowledges that riding alone is not as safe as riding in a group.
- We, as individuals, and as a club, want to comply with any Executive Orders that are in effect. In addition, we want to be viewed by the public as being considerate of their health and safety as well as our own.
- We are once again posting club rides and are instituting some rules and guidelines.
- The COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, and these guidelines are subject to revisions as the situation changes
Therefore, for the safety of our club members we will allow posting of group rides with the limitations and conditions listed below until further notice.
New Group Riding Guidelines
- BTCNJ group rides will be limited to club members only
- You must sign up for the ride on the website before the ride.
- Do not participate in any BTCNJ rides if you are feeling ill.
- Ride leaders will check in riders eliminating the need for riders to sign in.
- When gathering at the meeting place – Maintain the 6 ft. distance and face coverings are strongly recommended
- No more than 10 people in a group ride.
- Larger groups will be divided into groups of no more than 10 riders. Each group will leave no sooner than 5 minutes after the previous group. Groups should not rejoin one another during the ride.
- Cyclists should ride in a single file at least 25 feet (5 bike lengths) apart.
- Proper social distancing of at least 6 feet must be maintained at the meeting place, rest stop, red lights, stop signs, etc.
- No spitting or expelling fluids from your nose or mouth. Keep any tissues, handkerchiefs, etc. securely tucked inside your pockets.
- All riders should wear or carry a face covering. Neck Gaiters have worked out well for many cyclists since they can easily be pulled up or down.
- These face coverings must be worn whenever social distancing cannot be maintained and any place where the group stops for more than 2 minutes.
- All riders should carry their own personal hand sanitizer.
- Ride distances should be adjusted due to the limited availability of rest rooms and food stops.
- As always, ride leaders have the right to ask any rider to leave the ride when rules are not followed.
By continuing to the ride schedule and participating in any group ride you acknowledge that:
Bicycle riding is inherently dangerous and that riding in a group can increase your chances of contracting COVID-19.
You will take reasonable precautions to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 and that you will conduct yourself in accordance with BTCNJ guidelines as well as the recommendations of public health officials.
BTCNJ Ride Waiver: In consideration of permission to participate in BTCNJ rides wherever they are located, I, on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, do hereby release, discharge and agree not to sue BTCNJ, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, ride leaders, tour leaders and agents (“released party(ies)”) from and for any and all claims arising from the ordinary negligence of a released party. This waiver and release applies to (1) personal injuries, sickness and death and (2) loss of, damage to or theft of personal property. This waiver and release shall be interpreted and controlled by New Jersey law and any lawsuit concerning this waiver and release, personal injuries or property damage shall be brought only in New Jersey.
You have read and understand all of the above and will abide by all of the terms and conditions of the ride waiver and the supplemental guidelines for group riding.